Auto Window Tint, the Law, and You
Auto window tint is a popular way to upgrade the look of your car in addition to maintaining its privacy. Apart from that, your car interior remains protected from the harmful UV rays for the tinted windows.
But there is a catch. While tinting your car window, you need to comply with the law of your state. Being a resident of Oklahoma City, you need to know the law about the car window tinting in OKC to avoid any legal trouble. But before having a clear idea on the rules, let’s go through the benefits of applying window tints.
- The window tinting blocks scorching sunlight and protects the upholstery, vinyl and the leather. It extends the shelf-life of the car, in terms of look.
- A quality car auto window tint can block 99 percent sun rays that are harmful and can cause skin cancer and aging.
- To cope with the temperature outside, you switch on the AC in your car. But tinted car windows keep the car interior cooler. The air conditioner will last long as it has struggled less to adjust with the temperature.
- The window tints also protect the passengers from the shattered glass. The flying glass can hurt the passengers which may not happen with the tinted windows.
- The car window tint maintains the privacy and security of the vehicle.
Looking at the varieties of car window tinting in OKC, these common types are found. The attributes with their pros are listed below.
- Dyed Windows Tinting: This is one of the inexpensive variations which can effectively block powerful sunlight.
- Metallic Window Tinting: This one is similar to the dyed window tinting, but instead of dye, it uses tiny metallic particles. It makes the window shatter-resistant as well.
- Hybrid Window Tinting: This is a combination of metallic and dyed window tinting. Generally, titanium and grey dye are combined together to make this type.
- Carbon Window Tinting: It gives you the best look for your car. The matte finish look of the carbon window tinting is for enhancing its charm.
- Ceramic Auto Window Tinting: This type is made of ceramic particles that incorporate non-conductive properties to block 50 percent of the solar heat.
Role of Law and Order
Oklahoma City has a set of rules for the auto window tinting and those vary from the types of cars. The darkness of the tint is measured in OKC by the VLT or Visible Light Transmission percentage. If you want to opt for car window tinting in OKC, you need to abide by the rules:
- Sedan and Coupe: For the Sedan and Coupes, the non-reflective tint is allowed in the front, above the AS-1 line of the manufacturer. For the other windows and the back as well, the minimum VLT is 25 percent. It is imperative to maintain that the windows allow more than 25 percent light with the combination of the tint. The reflection should not be more than 25 percent though.
- Trucks and SUVs: The front glass tint should be above the manufacturer’s AS-1 line, but for the other windows and the rear glass, any shade is allowed. For the reflection, here also, 25 percent is the limit.
Therefore, before you apply any Auto window tint in the Oklahoma City, consult the professionals of Alta Mere to know the best type for your car, staying compliant with the law.